About Us
HISTORY  |  FACILITIES  |  STAFF

History

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/History1.jpg

John Schuette founded the funeral & furniture business in Burlington in 1929. He purchased the Kerkman house on Pine Street converting it to a funeral home. He enlarged and extensively remodeled it twenty years later.

Joined by staff members Marvin Werth in 1940 & Richard Daniels in 1948, the business was incorporated as a partnership in 1954.

After nearly 50 years in business, John and Hazel Schuette retired, and Rich and his wife Doris became sole owners in April of 1975.

In order to better serve the Burlington community a new larger facility was built in 1991. The 9300 square foot facility has extensive parking and is handicapped accessible. It features a large lounge with kitchenette and children's space. A soft and comfortable atmosphere allows families to celebrate a loved one's life.

The Polnasek Funeral Home grew out of the Rohde family enterprises in Union Grove. Charles Rohde founded Rohde Furniture store in 1869, a building which also housed an undertaking business. Charles Rohde was the first undertaker in the area and four generations of Rhodes were involved: Charles, his son George, grandson Ralph and great-grandson George Rohde. William Polnasek became the owner on June 1 1966, ending 97 years of ownership by the Rohde family. William Polnasek retired in January of 1994 and sold the business to Rich and Doris Daniels.

The Union Grove building was expanded and remodeled in 1995. The facility was doubled in size to 4,000 square feet. Changes included complete handicapped accessibility, a 2,000 square foot viewing room, and a lounge area all designed to provide tranquility and ease for those grieving the loss of a loved one.


In January, 1996, the McCarthy-Koenig Funeral Home in Burlington was purchased and later consolidated into the Schuette-Daniels location in 1997.

In January, 2008, Rich Daniels retired from the funeral homes and furniture store. His son Matthew Daniels now runs all three funeral homes and the furniture store.

In November 2008 an onsite crematory was added to the facility in Burlington. It operates under the company name of Browns Lake Crematory.

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/History2.jpg

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/History3.jpg

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history01.jpg

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history02.jpg

 


/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history03.jpg


/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history04.jpg

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history05.jpg

/media/danielsfamilyfuneral/history06.jpg